Sunday, November 2

Jobs for Chemical Engineering Graduates

When I started my undergraduate degree I have no idea what will be my career after school. Even when I was in my last year in college, I am still clueless.

Most people I met have almost identical reaction whenever they learn about my undergraduate degree. Thinking that this is a very difficult degree, they are wondering how one survives it. Well, depending on the student, chemical engineering is actually a great course. Like all degrees that lead to a rewarding career, finishing the chemical engineering course is no walk in the park.

To start with, Chemical Engineering course talked mostly about engineering concepts and mathematics. Applied chemistry were taught later on together with various industry application of engineering and mathematics. Since this is a combination of engineering and chemistry, it is neither purely technical and business. It is a degree on technology and marketing: engineering for profit and technology for chemistry.

What are the jobs for a chemical engineer? Well there are plenty to choose from:

-If you are good with optimization and equipment design, then a Design Engineer position is perfect for you.
-For those who are good on processes and increasing profits by improving the quality of products then you can be a Process Engineer
-Research and Development Engineer are those who enjoy the laboratory activities
-Some even end up in the field where they can be technical engineers or sales engineers.

The Chemical Engineering degree is a holistic course. Since this is about industry and engineering your studies covers everything like food, metals, plant designs, business and even environment. So the career choice is endless.

How did I know that? It takes one to know it. :)

Happy Halloween to All!

No comments: